Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Edrei!

Baby Edrei's bday cake!

Happy bday Baby Edrei!!!

Today, March 29, 2011, Baby Edrei would have been 3 months old.. I wonder what would he look like now at 3months. Is there milk in heaven or fruit juice? Did they celebrate his bday? What’s the theme for the party? Clown or mascot?  How many guests? Did he receive gifts?  But hey wait, Baby Edrei is with God now and that eases even the tiniest worry in me. My baby is not with “just anybody”.. any guardian.. any nanny.. he’s with his Creator.. our Creator.  Our God.. and I know God will give the best of everything for my baby.. the best of everything for us..

When Baby Edrei was still in the hospital, though I never had the chance to hold him in my arms, I had the chance to lull him to sleep one night.. I was allowed inside at around 7pm. I got a chair & sat by his crib. I had stayed a little longer & was about to leave but he cried. Maymay (our nurse friend who was on duty) gave him a pacifier. I know he is hungry but he was still NPO coz he vomited after he had his 3ml feeding (This was already days after his 2nd surgery).. he was still restless even with the pacifier so I softly hummed a lullabye while stroking his head.  He then went to sleep & that’s when I left.
Some of the "stick ons" in Baby Edrei's crib. Others were on the wall.
At times, I would talk to baby Edrei even when he is sleeping & would stroke his feet & arms.. Though I could not touch him all I want because of the precaution “minimal handling.. I would always whisper to him how much we love him & that we are waiting for him.. Before surgeries, I would tell him to be brave & strong.. to survive the surgeries for a lot of family, friends are waiting for him. I would tell him how family, friends & even strangers are praying for him.

The only time that we were together (Boots, me, PJ & Baby Edrei) was at the xray dept for his special procedure upper abdominal series with barium sulphate (dye). It was before the 2nd surgery. The procedure was suggested to determine the patency of the small intestine. It was the doctors baseline for the decision to have a 2nd surgery..We accompanied him to xray & PJ talked to his brother..

Boots had his special moments with our baby too. He was allowed to go inside the NICU a day before he went back to work..

Even Mama (Edrei's grandma on my side) had her moment with Baby Edrei in the NICU. She was accompanied by baby's infectious consult & was allowed to stay a little longer to pray & talk to Baby Edrei..

 I treasure those moments with him.. It will forever be engraved in my heart…

Happy bday again baby! I hope you enjoyed your heavenly party up there... We miss you! We love you!




*as i end this blog (already early am of March 30,2011, i got a txt message from Doc Minerva that the docs conference (where baby Edrei's case be presented) will be today. she will give me a copy of the presentation.  I hope my baby's case can help not just doctors in their search for more knowledge but families as well who might also encounter such rare case. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog caused "what ifs" rushing back in my mind; the "could haves". What if we did not allow cipro to be used on him? I could have asked to get in the NICU to be with him, to have talked to him, to have caressed his hands & feet, his head. Then he might have felt more frequently that we were indeed close by. And if could have carried him too in my arms, after he was declared expired. But then again, what else will work against God's will? God knows best and His will is always done in our lives.

    ReplyDelete