Monday, March 21, 2011

Wanted: Prayer Warriors

For i know the plans i have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.--Jeremiah 29:11

I had claimed many times on this promise..Now, I ought to claim on this once again & on other promises God gave His people.

I'm now on my last trimester of pregnancy of my 2nd baby. during my 1st trimester ultrasound showed placenta previa which had caused me a few spotting days & for me to bed rest for 2 wks.. but God changed that & my placenta was normal during the 2nd trimester. on that 2nd trimester i again had spotting due to fungal infection but God corrected that again..my OGCT result during the 1st trimester had been on the borderline and my OB friend Ruphil requested for an OGTT on the 28th weeks of pregnancy. God's grace upon me gave a negative result on the OGTT so i was free of the gestational diabetes w/c can be life threatening for the baby and that diabetes runs in my maternal family.

During my 32 weeks of pregnancy, i again experienced spotting. I suspected that I'm leaking fluid when i woke up last Dec 21 w/ my underwear somewhat wet. I texted my OB and she asked me to observe & have an ultrasound. ultrasound showed that my baby has obstruction in his intestine (i'm having a baby boy). The term used was duodenal atresia vs jejunu-ileal atresia. the OB-sonologist pointed the double bubbles in the ultrasound & explained that im having pre term labor. i'm spotting because i have much fluid in my tummy since my baby could not properly utilize the fluid due to the condition of his intestine. Also he needs to be operated right after birth to correct his intestine. Most babies with duodenal atresia are born prematurely so it would be best if i can hold him in my tummy for another month so he will not be born early and that would complicate things more.. so im on bedrest again..

My own research & my talk with my OB friend revealed another blow. duodenal atresia is associated w/ trisomy 21 or down syndrome. stats given by my OB tells 30% of those having duodenal atresia has down syndrome.more than half of this has other anomaly and the remaining percentage constitute the normal babies..

Boots & I cried & prayed together. Pj also prayed for her little brother to be strong.

It breaks my heart to think that my little man would be operated upon at a tender age. It awakens many questions in my mind. Will he survive? will he be ok? It breaks my heart even more to think that there is a possibility that my baby will be a special child.. but I guess it will not make him well if i worry & cry. what we prayed for is a possible miracle..i'm going to have another ultrasound w/ other OB-sonologist for a 2nd opinion on monday.if God will send a miracle then my ultrasound will be clear & normal  but if God wills this for us then may He lead us to the right persons and the best docs there is to help us. If He will give us a special child then we will take care of our baby as best as we could..All babies are a blessing regardless of their condition.

God loves us that He gave us this trials.. he wants to mold us further. to strengthen us & bring us closer as a family and also bring us closer to Him more. We lay everything to God. We will just do our part. Though we will be claiming God's promises, I could not help but be reminded that  I can not demand selfishly from God because He had unselfishly gave us His only Son.  His only Son died.. for our sins.. God's will be done!

Anyway, before we even found out the situation, Boots wanted to name our baby EDRAY. Combination of his grandfathers names.. Eduardo & Raymundo.. I told him i anted to change the spelling of ray to rei..  EDREI is a biblical name which means STRONG, GOODLY PASTURE, VALLEY FOR A FLOCK.. I know my baby will be strong!

Please intercede in prayers as we claim God's promises!


I posted this note in my FB account after knowing the result of my ultrasound that my baby has congenital anomaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment