Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Little Man

Baby Edrei hours after birth
I would have chosen a different name for our baby but Boots liked the name Edrei.. It should have been spelled Edray. The combination of his 2 grandfathers name, Eduardo (my father) and Raymundo (Boots' father).  But as i surfed the net for biblical names i came upon Edrei which means strong, valley for a flock, goodly pasture.. Boots & PJ agreed with the change in spelling & our baby was named Edrei Navarra Lacson.

God was there all the time. He allowed my husband to be home earlier than his vacation so he can be with me when i give birth & he can meet the little man.  He was here for Edrei's 1st surgery and for several days after that. We would go the the hospital every day to take care of our baby's prescriptions, lab requests, etc.  God allowed me to give birth prematurely (33wks) so the little man & his dad can meet.  Had I given birth at term, Boot's had missed the chance of seeing our precious baby..





Baby Edrei came into this world a strong & a healthy baby.. he was active & always has a good cry.. if not for his jejunuileal atresia we would be discharged from the hospital together.

God knew my baby even when he was still inside my womb. He knew the very count of my Baby Edrei's hair. He had chosen him.. Chosen him to a mission.. He taught us lessons in life that will stay in our hearts. He taught us to fully depend to God on a daily basis..Though Edrei's life was short, i know he accomplished his mission.


Name:     EDREI NAVARRA LACSON
Birthday: DEC. 29, 2010
Weight:   2.05 kg
Length:   47 in



1 comment:

  1. I was with Boots when nurse showed Baby Edrei shortly after he was born. I was really happy to see his tiny pinkish face. I thought then he would be fine, although we were warned a day before his birth that he might undergo operation a few days after birth.Edrei has good features, well-defined nose bridge esp. Then and there, I wanted to carry him in my arms.

    ReplyDelete